Australian batter Travis Head and Bangladesh’s left-arm spinner Nahida Akter have been voted as the ICC Men’s and Women’s Player of the Month, respectively for November.
Head played a major role in his side’s ODI World Cup glory with Player of the Match contributions (62 & 137) in both the semifinal victory over South Africa, and the win over India in Ahmedabad in the summit clash.
Head said, ““I was fortunate that they kept the faith in me for the World Cup after breaking my hand, so it was a great opportunity for me to pay them back. I felt the World Cup was amongst the best I have ever batted, so maybe having a rest before every campaign is the key.”
Akter got the award for her wicket-taking exploits during last month’s competitive ODI series victory over Pakistan on home soil.
“We have played some amazing cricket in recent months and I am so happy to have contributed to the successes we have tasted as a team. I must thank my captain, coaches and teammates for always believing in me and that has allowed me to play my natural game against quality opponents and perform under pressure,” said Akter.
- PKL Season 10 Live Score: Puneri Paltan takes on U Mumba in Maharashtra derby
- India vs Syria HIGHLIGHTS, AFC Asian Cup: Blue Tigers crash out after 0-1 loss
- Liverpool defends Salah against accusations he is not committed to Egypt after injury
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Full points table LIVE, goals scored, goal difference
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Full points table LIVE, goals scored, goal difference, best third-placed teams