Harmanpreet Kaur became the second Indian woman to cross 3,000 ODI runs during the first One-Day International against Sri Lanka in Pallekale on Friday.
Kaur reached the feat in her 101st innings in the format in a list led by former India skipper Mithali Raj (7805 runs).
READ | IND vs SL, 1st ODI HIGHLIGHTS
Harmanpreet's milestone comes at the back of the 33-year-old taking over the captaincy of the Indian side in all formats. Harmanpreet's runs have come at an average over 35 and a 71-plus strike-rate. Her career best knock of 171* came in India's semifinal clash against Australia in the 2017 World Cup.
In the recently-concluded T20I series, Harmanpreet also surpassed Mithali to become India's leading run-scorer in women's T20Is.
Hear what Harmanpreet Kaur had to say ahead of her first ODI series as full-time skipper.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao