Left-arm spinner Saika Ishaque, who impressed one and all during inaugural edition of the Women’s Premier League (WPL), received her maiden call-up for India as she was named in the squad for the three-match T20I series against England starting December 6 in Mumbai.
The T20I squad comprised mostly those who were part of the Asian Games gold-winning team in Hangzhou, which is a nice blend of seniors and juniors.
At one end there are seasoned campaigners like skipper Harmanpreet Kaur and her deputy Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma and Pooja Vastrakar, and on the other, the selectors have also included rookies like spinner Mannat Kashyap, batters Kanika Ahuja, Shreyanka Patil, and talented pacer Titas Sadhu, to name a few.
The Test team doesn’t have too many surprises as Sadhu, an heir apparent to Jhulan Goswami, has been included along with Karnataka left-hander Shubha Satheesh, who was rewarded for her gritty batting in national one-dayers.
INDIA SQUAD FOR TESTS vs ENGLAND & AUSTRALIA
INDIA SQUAD FOR T20IS vs ENGLAND
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Vidarbha, Mumbai qualify for semifinal, to face Madhya Pradesh, Tamil nadu
- South Korea picks Hwang Sun-hong as interim coach to replace Klinsmann
- Elena Norman quits as Hockey India CEO after 13 years
- Biennial FIFA series of friendly games to launch in March
- Indian pro boxer Neeraj Goyat to take on Jake Paul