Rain has been forecast for the Women's World T20 double header semifinals which is set to be played on Thursday in Sydney.
India is set to take on England in the first semifinal, while host Australia will face South Africa in the second semis at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
In ICC tournaments, a minimum of 10 overs per side are needed to constitute a T20 match. In this instance of double headers at the same venue, there will only be a spare 30 minutes for both games before overs are lost due to rain. The first semifinal, which is set for a 3 pm local time start, is scheduled for a 6 pm finish. The second semifinal, which is scheduled for a 7 pm start, is scheduled for a 10 pm end.
There is no reserve day for the semifinals and in the instance the matches are washed out, India and South Africa will play in the final as they finished on top of their respective groups.
There is a reserve day for the final. However, no rain has been forecast for Sunday at Melbourne.
- Next Gen: Raksha Kandasamy, smashing her way to the top
- Bayern’s Gnabry sidelined by tendon injury
- BAN vs NZ, 2nd Test: New Zealand wins first Test in Bangladesh in 15 years, levels series 1-1
- Renegades vs Scorchers BBL match abandoned due to unsafe pitch
- Indian sports news wrap, December 10