Former Arsenal playmaker Santi Cazorla has signed with Al-Saad, the Qatari club said on Monday.
The club said on Twitter it “reached an agreement” with the former Spain international and he will “soon” arrive in Doha to “complete the formalities and join the team.”
Al-Saad is coached by Barcelona great Xavi Hernandez. The 35-year-old Cazorla had been playing with Villarreal, which finished fifth in this year’s Spanish league.
Cazorla missed several seasons because of a series of injuries that threatened his career.
Cazorla said in a video posted by Villarreal on social media that the club had “given me everything”.
“At 18 they took a punt on a boy from Oviedo who knew nobody,” he said.
- Ranji Trophy Plate Final: Biswa century not enough as Hyderabad nears title
- Mathews gives Sri Lanka unassailable 2-0 lead over Afghanistan in T20 series
- Traore, Diatta banned following Africa Cup of Nations outbursts
- Maha Open Challenger: Poonacha, Mukund advance to second round
- Oliver Glasner named as new Crystal Palace boss: club