Manchester City grabbed a late winner at home to Arsenal to stay in the title race while American striker Alex Morgan scored one goal and made another as Tottenham Hotspur beat Aston Villa 3-1 in the Women's Super League on Sunday.
Vivianne Miedema netted her 11th goal in nine league games in the third minute to put Arsenal ahead. However, Sam Mewis equalised for City with a header before Caroline Weir rifled home deep into stoppage time to grab the win.
Hayley Ladd's close-range header seven minutes from time gave league leader Manchester United a hard-fought 2-1 win away to Reading that keeps it top on 23 points after nine games. Chelsea is second on 20 points, Arsenal third on 19 and City a point further back.
Two-time World Cup winner Morgan got Spurs off to the perfect start with a 13th-minute penalty. A cross from the American was turned into the Villa net by Caroline Siems as Tottenham secured its second 3-1 win in a row.
Australia international Sam Kerr got the only goal of the game for Chelsea as it edged out Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 while West Ham United thrashed bottom side Bristol City 4-0.
Birmingham City's fixture against Everton was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- DC-W vs GG-W live score, WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals vs struggling Gujarat Giants; Live streaming info
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 semifinal: Mantri helps Madhya Pradesh wrest control against Vidarbha on Day 2
- BAN vs SL: Bangladesh and Sri Lanka ready for series eyeing T20 World Cup 2024
- World Indoor Championships 2024: LaFond flies to Dominica’s first world athletics gold medal
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 3