Borussia Dortmund winger Thorgan Hazard has been ruled out of Belgium's upcoming internationals due to injury, the national team said on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old was last week named in manager Roberto Martinez's squad for World Cup qualifiers against Estonia, the Czech Republic and Belarus between September 2 and 8.
Hazard "is not fit and left the group this morning. He will continue his recovery at his club," the national team said in a statement on Twitter.
Hazard has scored eight goals in 39 international appearances for Belgium and was part of the team that reached the quarter-finals at Euro 2020.
- Ranji Trophy: Biswa’s fine knock, two quick wickets leave Hyderabad struggling in Plate final
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad makes it two out of two with win over Kolkata; Bengaluru no match for Delhi
- Alcaraz says he needs to improve ‘many things’ after Buenos Aires loss
- Chappell urges Root to play his natural game and drop Bazball philosophy
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Mukesh Kumar picks six wickets as Bengal secures innings victory against Bihar