Borussia Dortmund closed the gap on leader Bayern Munich at the top of the Bundesliga to six points after Marcos Reus' double inspired the title chasers to a 3-0 win at Union Berlin on Sunday.
Without top goalscorer Erling Haaland through injury, captain Reus settled any Dortmund nerves in aftermath of the 5-2 thrashing at the hands of Bayer Leverkusen last time out, drilling the visitor in front in the 18th minute.
Reus then put Dortmund firmly in command in the capital seven minutes later, after rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home the second.
ALSO READ |
Having remained in control for the majority of the second half, Raphael Guerreiro poked home a late third to make sure of the win for the visitor.
Bayern's shock 4-2 defeat by VfL Bochum on Saturday opened the door for second-placed Dortmund, which took full advantage to keep the title race alive on 46 points from 22 matches played, six points off the champion.
This season's surprise package Union never really got going, with a second successive defeat meaning it drops to sixth in the standings.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?