Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane has been ruled out of Wednesday's Champions League semifinal second leg away to Chelsea with a muscle injury.
Real said on Monday the France international had hurt his right thigh during Saturday's 2-0 win over Osasuna in La Liga, in which he was substituted at halftime.
Newspaper AS said Varane would be sidelined for around 10 days, also missing Sunday's game at home to title rival Sevilla and next Thursday's trip to Granada.
Varane missed both legs of Real's Champions League quarterfinal against Liverpool due to a coronavirus infection but completed 90 minutes in last week's 1-1 draw at home to Chelsea.
Real will be missing fellow defenders Dani Carvajal and Lucas Vazquez but should be able to count on the return of first-choice left-back Ferland Mendy and captain Sergio Ramos, who both completed full training on Monday.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Shardul hundred puts Mumbai in control; Himanshu Mantri falls for 126 vs Vidarbha
- World Cup was expanded to help Scotland qualify, FIFA’s Infantino jokes
- Green snatches World Championship with dramatic birdie on final hole
- Will Pucovski suffers concussion after taking blow on head
- NBA roundup: LeBron James hits milestone, but Nuggets win