Ukrainian champion Shakhtar Donetsk appointed Marino Pusic as its new coach on Tuesday, a day before a Champions League game against Barcelona.
The 52-year-old Bosnian coach joins from Dutch champion Feyenoord, where he was assistant to coach Arne Slot, and has been given a contract through the end of the 2025-26 season. Pusic replaces Patrick van Leeuwen, who was fired last week after just 12 games in charge.
Despite announcing the signing of Pusic hours earlier, sporting director Darijo Srna represented Shakhtar in Barcelona at the pre-game news conference Tuesday in his capacity as caretaker coach. Srna said Shakhtar was working to ensure Pusic would be able to join him on the bench for Wednesday’s game at Barcelona.
Srna oversaw a 3-0 win over LNZ Cherkasy on Saturday which left Shakhtar third in the Ukrainian league. Shakhtar is third in Group H in the Champions League behind Barcelona and Porto.
Shakhtar is playing its Champions League home games in the German city of Hamburg because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Kapp, Radha help DC dominate; Lanning & Co. need 120 runs to win
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 1-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Nandha Kumar scores opening goal
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: GG 9-13 HS, Haryana Steelers leads Gujarat Giants takes in Eliminator 2; Sachin’s Patna Pirates enter semifinals with 37-35 win on Dabang Delhi
- Bajrang, Vinesh, retired Sakshi invited by WFI to appear for national trials
- WPL 2024: Indian international Gouher Sultana, aged 35, makes debut for UP Warriorz