Chelsea has agreed a deal to sign France defender Axel Disasi from Ligue 1 side Monaco, British media said on Sunday.
The 25-year-old is set to move to Stamford Bridge in a deal reportedly worth 45 million pounds (49.58 million USD) and will be another option to cover for injured compatriot Wesley Fofana.
Also Read: Uruguay defender Godin retires from football
Disasi is expected to compete for the centre-back position with the likes of Thiago Silva, Trevoh Chalobah and Levi Colwill, while another Frenchman Benoit Badiashile is preparing to return from a hamstring injury early in the season.
Fofana is likely to miss much of the season after anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery in July.
Disasi has four caps and was first called up for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, making his France debut in the 1-0 group stage defeat by Tunisia.
Chelsea is looking to revive its fortunes under new manager Mauricio Pochettino after coming 12th in the standings last season - its worst finish since 1994.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.