Chelsea scored three times in the first half as it beat Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 to go top of the Women’s Super League on Sunday, making the most of Arsenal’s shock defeat by Manchester United.
Sam Kerr opened the scoring for Chelsea before Erin Cuthbert celebrated her contract extension with a superb goal, and Guro Reiten added a third from the penalty spot to send the Blues top on 21 points from eight games.
The match saw the return of Blues manager Emma Hayes who was missing from action since October following a surgery she underwent for hysterectomy.
Arsenal looked to have done enough when it came back from a goal down to lead 2-1 against Manchester United on Saturday, but an 85th-minute goal by substitute Martha Turner put the visitor level and it snatched all three points when Katie Zelem scored in stoppage time.
Arsenal ended the weekend in second place on 18 points, ahead of United on goal difference, and both teams have a game in hand over Chelsea.
Manchester City, whichbeat Everton 2-1 on Saturday, is fourth on 15 points.
- The drama of Maxwell’s 201: Prevents hat-trick, survives LBW scare, dropped chance on way to one of ODI World Cup’s greatest centuries
- ENG vs NED Live Score, World Cup 2023: England vs Netherlands predicted playing XI; Toss at 1:30 PM IST
- ENG vs NED Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: England vs Netherlands predicted XI, squads, fantasy tips
- Asian Archery C’Ships: Jyothi Surekha, Parneet Kaur ensure all Indian women’s compound final
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General