Chelsea midfielder Sjoeke Nusken scored twice and created another goal as the champions recovered from a goal down to beat visitors Brighton & Hove Albion 4-2 and move up to second place in the Women’s Super League on Sunday.
The Blues, who fell behind to a 10th-minute Pauline Bremer goal before storming back to win, have 10 points after four games and trail leader Manchester City, which beat Leicester City 1-0 on Saturday, on goal difference.
Tottenham Hotspur is in third spot on nine points thanks to its 4-2 win at Aston Villa on Saturday, while Manchester United is fourth with eight points after a 5-0 thrashing of hosts Everton earlier on Sunday.
Elsewhere in London, West Ham United was held to a 1-1 draw by visiting Liverpool while Arsenal is set to play at bottom side Bristol City in the late kick-off - the final WSL game before the international break.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis