Jefferson Farfan has been ruled out of the rest of the Copa America with an injury to his left knee, the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF) has confirmed.
Farfan scored in a 3-1 defeat of Bolivia that helped book Peru's place in the quarterfinals of the tournament. But the 34-year-old will not be able to play in Saturday's last-eight clash against Group C's winner Uruguay.
"The Peruvian Football Federation regrets that the player Jefferson Farfan has suffered an injury to his left knee, which makes it impossible to continue participating in the Copa America Brazil 2019," an FPF statement said.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: Jurel, Kuldeep at crease; IND trails ENG by 134 runs
- Former England, QPR forward Stan Bowles dies aged 75
- Foden strike keeps Man City on Liverpool’s heels
- Harry Kane to the rescue again as Bayern snaps 3-game losing streak
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Streaming Info: Predicted 11, head to head record, when and where to watch