Cristiano Ronaldo scored again for Al Nassr as it beat Al Shorta to enter the final of the Arab Club Championship Cup 2023, at the Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Stadium on Wednesday.
Al Nassr was in control for most of the game, but it failed to make the most of its dominance in the game.
Highlights - Al Nassr vs Al Shorta
Early in the first half, the Saudi Pro League side thought it had taken the lead when Ronaldo latched on to a through ball and slotted it past the goalkeeper, only for the referee to call it back for an offside.
Al Shorta recovered to keep the score-line intact until the half-time, with some resolute defence.
But, Al Nassr started the second half on full tilt. Finally, the pressure gave way to a mistake leading to the match-winning goal.
Newly-signed winger Sadio Mane danced his way through the Al Shorta defence before he was brough down. The referee didn’t give a penalty initially, but relented after consulting with the VAR.
Ronaldo, who took his sweet time to take the penalty, converted from the spot to give his side the lead, which in the end proved to be enough.
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 40/3 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez