Croatia warmed up for a Nations League clash against England by thrashing third-tier side Bjelovar 15-1, with Andrej Kramaric scoring five goals.
In a game arranged to mark the 110th anniversary of one of Croatia's oldest clubs, Barcelona star Ivan Rakitic and Chelsea's on-loan Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic were among the starters for the World Cup finalists.
But it was Kramaric who grabbed his chance to impress Croatia coach Zlatko Dalic ahead of facing England on Friday, scoring four before half-time and another after the break.
Rakitic was on the scoresheet in the opening stages with Ante Rebic, Mario Pasalic and Tin Jedvaj also on target for Croatia while Marko Livaja netted a hat-trick.
After substitute Ivan Perisic grabbed a brace, Bjelovar did at least get something to remember the club's birthday by as Stjepan Mamic struck for the hosts late in the game.
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?
- What were the major records broken at 2018 Asian Games?