Ten-man Liverpool came from behind to beat Bournemouth 3-1 as goals from Luis Diaz, Mohamed Salah and Diogo Jota helped it recover from Antoine Semenyo’s early opener in their Premier League clash at Anfield on Saturday.
The Reds, who drew 1-1 at Chelsea in their opener, were shocked by Bournemouth in the third minute when Trent Alexander-Arnold lost possession in a dangerous area before Semenyo fired the south-coast club in front.
Following the dismal start, Liverpool grew into the contest and Diaz got the breakthrough with an acrobatic volley in the 28th minute. Salah then hammered home a follow-up shot after his spot-kick was saved to make it 2-1 in the 36th.
Liverpool kept up the pressure in the second half and scored its third goal through Jota, despite having gone down to 10 men just before the hour mark when Alexis Mac Allister was shown a straight red card for a high tackle on Joe Rothwell.
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 40/3 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez