A moment of silence will be observed ahead of Tuesday’s Euro 2024 qualifying matches in memory of the two Swedish football fans killed in an attack in Brussels, UEFA said in a statement.
They were fatally shot by a suspected Islamist militant on Monday ahead of Sweden’s qualifying match with Belgium. The game at King Baudouin Stadium, about 5 km from the shootings, was initially suspended and then abandoned at halftime.
Tuesday’s five qualifiers feature Finland hosting Kazakhstan, Serbia at home to Montenegro, Denmark visiting San Marino, Italy playing at England, and Malta hosting Ukraine.
- FIH Hockey5s World Cup: India loses to Netherlands in quarterfinal
- Chinglensana Singh signs long term contact with Bengaluru FC
- Former Pakistan PM Imran Khan gets 10-year jail term
- Indian IM Divya Deshmukh alleges sexism by spectators at Tata Steel Masters in Netherlands
- West Indies’ Shamar Joseph heading home to hero’s welcome after Gabba glory