The Football Association has condemned the "unacceptable scenes" involving England fans attending the friendly fixture against Netherlands.
Over 100 travelling supporters were arrested across two days in Amsterdam, overshadowing an impressive 1-0 win for Gareth Southgate's side at the Johan Cruyff Arena on Friday.
There were clashes with police outside of the stadium while a minority inside the ground booed the home team's national anthem prior to kick-off.
In a statement released on Twitter, the FA confirmed it will work alongside the UK Football Policing Unit in an attempt to identify those involved.
"We condemn the unacceptable scenes in Amsterdam. As was reiterated ahead of the fixture, we always urge supporters to respect our hosts and behave in a responsible manner," the statement read.
"As ever, the FA will work in partnership with the UK Football Policing Unit to help identify those involved and we will sanction any England Supporters Travel Club member found to be responsible for disorder."
Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) head for football policing, believes the behaviour of a "large number" of supporters will have long-term ramifications for those wanting to travel abroad to watch England.
"The behaviour of a large number of England supporters was appalling. Any attempts to downplay it are wide of the mark," he said.
"The sad fact is that the drunken mob's behaviour reinforces the negative stereotype of England supporters, and will impact on the treatment all fans can expect when they follow the team abroad."
Jesse Lingard's maiden international goal secured victory for England, who are next in action against Italy on Tuesday.
- Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold in women’s 50m rifle 3P with World Record, Ashi Chouksey bags bronze
- India vs Singapore women’s hockey LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 updates: IND 3-0 SGP; Sushila, Udita score early; streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Stands on 6th with 5 golds, 18 medal in total
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; Manu, Esha and Rhythm win 25m pistol team gold
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur individual wins gold, Ashi bronze in 50m Rifle 3p; India wins gold in 25m women’s pistol team, silver in 50m Rifle 3p women’s team event - Hangzhou 2022 updates