Argentina defender Federico Fazio believes Lionel Messi and his team showed a different attitude in its win over Nigeria.
Messi opened the scoring and Marcos Rojo struck a late winner in a 2-1 victory for Jorge Sampaoli's side, who snuck into the last 16 at the World Cup.
Fazio said it was a change in mindset that was crucial for Argentina, that faces France in the last 16 Saturday.
"I think we showed a different attitude towards the last game, not just from him [Messi] but from all the team, all the players," he told a news conference.
"I think we played well against Croatia [in a 3-0 loss] after all, but in this third game, I think their first goal did hurt us, but we all knew from the beginning all that was at stake and what would have happened if we lost.
"We saw a committed team, fighting together with a different attitude, and that was something which helped Leo too."
After struggling through the group stage, Argentina will go into its meeting with France in Kazan as outsiders.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: Mumbai loses six wickets in 200 chase vs Odisha; Samson steers Kerala chase
- KIIT University bags Best Sports Facility award in CII Sports Business Awards 2023
- Warner angst adds spice to Australia’s sleepy home summer
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Himachal’s Arpit Guleria records eight wickets against Gujarat, third Indian to feat in List A
- Ethiopian Yehualaw, Kenya’s Ebenyo to make debuts at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 17