Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen will miss Germany’s flight to a pre-World Cup training camp in Oman due to a gastrointestinal infection, the team said on Monday.
The squad assembled at a Frankfurt airport hotel on Sunday and is heading to Oman on Monday for warm-weather training.
Germany will play a friendly against Oman on Wednesday before its first game of the World Cup on November 23 against Japan.
Ter Stegen “will not fly out with the team today to the World Cup short training camp in Oman because of a gastrointestinal infection,” the German team said on Twitter. “He is staying in Frankfurt for the time being and will travel as soon as possible after he has recovered.”
Ter Stegen has played 30 times for Germany but is typically a backup for Bayern Munich’s Manuel Neuer. His only tournament game-time was at the 2017 Confederations Cup.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: ENG 302/7; Root century pulls ENG into advantage
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin