FIFA World Cup Quiz I: How well do you know the WC before Qatar 2022?
Warm up for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar with our special quiz.
1. The Estadio Centenario in Montevideo which hosted the 1930 World Cup was used by which famous Uruguayan club as its home ground between 1933 and 2016?
2. Only four European teams took part in the 1930 World Cup in Uruguay. Which European team did not participate in the 1930 World Cup?
3. How did the Romanian Constantin Radulescu write himself into the history books through his participation in the 1930 World Cup?
4. The host Uruguay, who is known by famously won the first World Cup. They are known by the nickname La Celeste. What does La Celeste translate to in their football team’s context?
5. Who did the American Bart McGhee lose to by four minutes in the 1930 World Cup thus missing the chance to write his name in the record books as the first World Cup goal-scorer?
6. Till date, who is the only manager to guide a national team to two World cup titles?
7. Which of the following is true with respect to the 1934 World Cup?
8. The official tournament poster for the 1934 World Cup carried the words “Campionato Mondiale Di Calcio”. What does the word Calcio stand for?
9. Austria’s captain at the 1934 World Cup is considered as one of the best pre-war players in history. Nicknamed Der Papierene (The Paper Man), who is this footballer?
10. Despite the 1938 World Cup being held in neighbouring France, why was Spain unable to participate in the competition?