Luca Waldschmidt has won a maiden senior call-up for Germany's Euro 2020 qualifiers against Netherlands and Northern Ireland, although Paris Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler is an injury absentee.
Waldschmidt won the Golden Boot as the Germany Under-21 team finished runners-up to Spain at the European Championship in June, on the back of scoring nine Bundesliga goals for Freiburg in 2018-19.
The 22-year-old has flown out of the blocks this term, netting two in two top-flight appearances.
Draxler started PSG's first two Ligue 1 games this season but missed the 4-0 win over Toulouse with a foot injury that rules him out – further depleting Joachim Low's wide attacking options following Leroy Sane's knee ligament injury.
Low has selected Borussia Dortmund duo Marco Reus and Julian Brandt, Bayern Munich's Serge Gnabry and RB Leipzig's Timo Werner as his other forward options.
There is a recall for Juventus defensive midfielder Emre Can ahead of the keenly anticipated clash with Netherlands.
Ronald Koeman's men progressed to the Nations League Finals at Germany's expense thanks to a resounding 3-0 victory in Amsterdam last October.
Die Mannschaft gained revenge in a thrilling 3-2 win back at the Johan Cruyff ArenA in March to take some early initiative in Group C.
Northern Ireland are top of the standings with four wins from four, while Germany also boast a 100 per cent record and have a game in hand.
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland