Gokulam Kerala is set to return to competitive football soon. The team will play in the IFA Shield tournament in Kolkata, most likely to be held in December.
It is among Asia's oldest tournaments with a history dating back to 1893. For decades it was among the most prestigious events in the country, but it was turned into an Under-19 affair in 2016.
The organisers had planned to make it a senior tournament again earlier this year and there were talks of conducting it in April. But, of course, the coronavirus outbreak upset the sporting calendar across the world.
Mohammedan Sporting, Indian Arrows and Peerless SC, the reigning Calcutta Football League champion, are also expected to play.
- Mumbai Indians WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 50/2; Debutant Akash Deep removes Crawley, Pope in one over
- IND vs ENG: Akash Deep picks debut wicket, gets Zak Crawley but off No Ball
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: SAU loses early wicket vs TN; Koushik removes Shorey for KAR
- Man City, Arsenal look to close title gap, Man Utd starts Ratcliffe era