Brazilian Bruno Pelissari has joined Gokulam Kerala. The midfielder, who is no strange to India thanks to his ISL stints with Chennaiyin FC and Delhi Dynamos, has already begun training here with his new club.
The attacking midfielder has also played in Moldova, besides his native country, where he appeared in three seasons for Atletico Paranaense in Serie A.
“He is a wonderful player, who can create lot of chances,” said Gokulam coach Fernando Santiago Valera. “It is great to see such a player in the team. He has trained along with us only for a couple of training session but I can see the talent in him.”
“This year we have quality foreign recruits. Henry Kisekka and Marcus Joseph are expected to be deadly combination upfront while Andre Ettienne is a solid defender. Now we have Bruno Pelissari in the middle of the park. Along with the local talents, I think we have good squad this year,” Valera added.
Bruno said I-League would be a good challenge for him. “I have played in ISL before and I have pretty good understanding of Indian football. I think I-League will be a good challenge for me. I look forward for a good season and hope to bring glory to the club I play.”
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Toss updates; Mumbai vs Pondicherry, TN faces Baroda; Bengal meets MP
- Champions League 2023-24: Atletico beats Feyenoord 3-1 to reach knockouts
- Champions League 2023-24: Last-gasp Mbappe penalty earns PSG 1-1 draw with Newcastle
- Champions League 2023-24: Manchester City claims top spot after recovering to beat Leipzig 3-2
- Champions League 2023-24: Barcelona beats Porto 2-1, returns to knockout stage