Corentin Tolisso says Bayern Munich team-mate Franck Ribery is proud of France's FIFA World Cup triumph despite his rocky relationship with the national team.
Ribery was a key member of the side that reached the World Cup final in 2006, but he was banned for three-matches for striking at the finals four years later.
RELATED| France 2 Netherlands 1: Giroud ends drought to sink Dutch
The Bayern winger then retired after missing the 2014 tournament with injury, citing "purely personal" reasons. However, Ribery still enjoyed watching France's success in Russia this year, telling Tolisso of his pride.
"[Ribery] congratulated me, of course," Tolisso told France Football. "Even if the relationship between Franck and France is complicated, he was happy for me, for us.
"He is a good person and he was very proud of the France team."
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao