German champion Bayern Munich on Thursday reportedly reached a deal with Tottenham Hotspur for the transfer of England captain Harry Kane, according to theAthletic website.
Bayern, which did not comment on the report, have been trying to sign the striker for months with any deal worth around an estimated 100 million euros ($110.19 million).
The Bavarians, who won the league for a record 11th time last season, have been desperate to bring Kane in as they look to boost their attack and battle for the Champions League title once more.
The Athletic said it was now up to Kane, who has one more year on his Tottenham deal, to accept the German club’s offer.
Bayern kicks off its season on Saturday with the German Super Cup against RB Leipzig. The Bundesliga starts next week.
- Barcelona ready to ‘reset’ after loss to Madrid
- India’s Shreyas Iyer “focusing on just three days” ahead of Test series against England
- Indian sports news wrap, January 15
- Everton, Forest face points deduction after being charged for breaching Premier League spending rules
- Zverev to stand trial in assault case in May but will not have to appear in court