Punjab FC owner Ranjit Bajaj on Sunday slammed the All India Football Federation (AIFF) for lack of coverage of the I-League matches, saying he felt “appalled and cheated” by the false promises made by the parent body.
“I feel appalled & cheated that AGAIN we clubs have been badly let down by AIFF @ILeagueOfficial for coverage blackout even though they were scheduled - @IndianFootball DSports or instat or Reliance- who do we beg for coverage? False promises by all @eastbengalfc @Mohun_Bagan,” he tweeted.
In December, 2018, AIFF had announced that the broadcasters are cutting down on TV coverage of the I-League.
Then last November, the AIFF roped in DSport as I-League broadcasters for three years but even then the overall standard of telecast of I-League matches have been sub-standard.
The match between Gokulam Kerala FC and Neroca FC on November 30 last year was not shown “due to technical reasons”, while live feed went blank during a game between East Bengal and Real Kashmir FC in Kalyani.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score February 12 Matches Updates, Scorecard: Karnataka strikes early as Vimal falls, Pradosh hits half-century
- Jannik Sinner dreaming about top ranking after Grand Slam breakthrough
- Premier League: Ten Hag hails United’s character after Villa win
- Karnam Malleswari wins Lifetime Achievement Award at Sportstar Aces Awards 2024
- UEFA Champions League: Haaland, De Bruyne return primes Man City to conquer Europe again