Gokulam Kerala has signed Chisom Chikatara, a 26-year-old Nigerian striker, for the new season.
Besides representing the national team, he has played for clubs in countries like Morocco, Egypt, Bahrain, and Iraq.
“I am glad to join Indian champion Gokulam Kerala," said Chikatara. "I am ambitious like the club and would like to make a mark in India. I will help the club conquer new heights.”
Gokulam coach Vincenzo Alberto Annese said Chikatara was technically sound and had good pace.
"In all I-League, it will be difficult to find a player like this," the Italian said. "It is not easy to play for the Nigerian national team. He has scored several goals for them. I hope he can give international quality to the team."
- LeBron James reaches 40,000 points to extend his record as the NBA’s scoring leader
- Meet Max Dehning, javelin’s youngest member of the 90m club
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore picks fifer vs Mumbai; Yash Thakur removes Gawali, Venkatesh vs MP
- De Minaur sinks Ruud to retain Mexican Open crown
- San Diego Open 2024: Kostyuk knocks out top seed Pegula, faces Boulter in final