The Indian Super League 2023-24 match between FC Goa and Hyderabad FC on September 22 has been rescheduled by FSDL, the body organising the league.
The decision comes after two crucial players of both the teams, Sandesh Jhingan (FC Goa) and Chinglensana Singh (Hyderabad FC), were called up for national duty in the Asian Games, set to be played in Hangzhou, China, from September 19-October 8, 2023..
There are six groups in the men’s competition. The top two teams from each group and the four best third-placed teams will advance to the round of 16.
India tasted success twice at the Asian Games in men’s football, winning gold in the inaugural edition in 1951 and repeating the feat in 1962.
This time, Sunil Chhetri, India’s highest goal scorer of all time, will lead the team for the Hangzhou Games and will hope for similar results achieved by the Blue Tigers over 60 years ago.
Indian men’s football team schedule for Asian Games:
Indian men’s team for Asian Games:
- India Tennis squad for Asian Games 2023: Squad for Hangzhou 2022, team news, previous performance
- Vizag Open Golf: Sunhit Bishnoi overtakes Akshay Sharma to lead after third round
- Asian Games 2023: India looks to ‘Baig’ a medal with veteran coach stressing on enjoying the Asiad experience
- World Cup 2023 winner to get more than Rs 33 crore, ICC announces prize money
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa vs Hyderabad FC rescheduled after Jhingan, Chinglensana leave for Asian Games