Manager Simone Inzaghi is considering rotating Inter Milan’s starting line-up due to its crammed schedule even though the Serie A leader has won all five of its fixtures to date.
Inzaghi’s side, which is three points ahead of rival AC Milan, will face 12th-placed Sassuolo on Wednesday.
“It’ll be our fourth match in 10 days, with many players having also been away on international duty and done plenty of travelling,” Inzaghi told Inter’s website on Tuesday.
“However, I’m lucky enough to coach a competitive squad. We still need to train this afternoon, and then I’ll make my choices.”
Read More | Messi misses training ahead of US Open Cup final
Inzaghi added that Sassuolo is not a team to be taken lightly, with Alessio Dionisi’s side grabbing a 4-2 home victory against Juventus on Saturday.
“They come into this game having beaten Juventus thanks to a really good display, and they have an excellent coach who has his team really well organised,” Inzaghi said.
Inter currently has the most robust defense in Serie A, having conceded only one goal, while also scoring the most with 14.
“When we talk about our attack and defence, our focus needs to be on the entire team,” Inzaghi said.
“Not just the defenders but the midfielders and forwards are also working in the best way possible, and we need to continue to grow in both defence and attack while displaying a high level of motivation during every training session.”
- England vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: SL 129/2 (22); Nissanka, Sadeera bring up 100 partnership - ENG vs SL updates
- Shlok, a contemporary of Satwik-Chirag, carves his niche as pioneering USA badminton coach
- Asian Para Games 2023 medals tally Live Updates: October 26 - India eighth with 18 golds; China closes in on 400 medal mark
- WTA Elite Trophy 2023: Daria Kasatkina highlights social media abuse after reaching semifinals
- Norwegian police investigate claim by Ingebrigtsen brothers that their father and coach was violent