England midfielder Ross Barkley has no doubt his team can compete with star Croatia duo Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic.
Gareth Southgate's men face Croatia in the Nations League in Rijeka on Friday, in a rematch of their World Cup semi-final.
It will see England again come up against Modric, FIFA's Best Men's Player, and teammate Rakitic, two of the world's leading midfielders.
But Barkley, who is back in the England squad, said that Southgate's side was capable of matching Croatia's star duo.
"It's a big challenge but just like any other player you come up against you've got to treat every player with the same respect. But it'll be a challenge," he said.
"You saw in the World Cup how fantastic he [Modric] was and Rakitic as well, he plays for a great side like Barcelona."
"But, we've got the players to compete with the big nations, we've got our identity now. We went to the World Cup and got to the semifinals and we're going in the right direction."
England and Croatia started their Nations League campaigns with losses to Spain.
- Asia Cup 2023: Who will play India if PAK vs SL match is washed out?
- Shubman Gill attains career-best second position in latest ICC Rankings
- 13 Odisha athletes bound for Asian Games to get Rs 10 lakh each from state government
- Asia Cup 2023: Wellalage ‘very happy to get big wickets of Kohli, Rohit’
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team