Radamel Falcao will miss Colombia's World Cup qualifiers against Brazil and Paraguay through injury, the national federation said on Monday.
The Colombian federation said that the 35-year-old sustained the injury in Rayo Vallecano's LaLiga game against Real Madrid last Saturday.
"Radamel Falcao suffered a tear in his right thigh adductor muscle," Rayo Vallecano said in a statement, adding he would be out of action for three to four weeks.
Colombia is fourth in the South American standings, occupying the last qualifying spot for next year's World Cup finals.
It faces Brazil away on Friday and Paraguay at home next Tuesday.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs