ATK Mohun Bagan has appointed Juan Ferrando as its head coach for the remainder of the ISL 2021-22 season on Monday.
Juan Ferrando said “I will give my 110% from day one so all fans can enjoy the best brand of football and hopefully we can celebrate together soon . I will consistently work towards helping our team give their best.”
Ferrando triggered his release clause on Sunday to take over the vacant head coach position at ATK Mohun Bagan, after it parted ways with Antonio Lopez Habas on Saturday.
After joining Goa in 2020, Ferrando guided the Gaurs to the semifinals of the ISL and was also in charge of the club during its maiden continental voyage in the AFC Champions League, where it finished third in Group E.
Goa is currently eighth on the league table after six matches and faces Odisha FC next on Friday. Assistant coach Clifford Miranda will take interim charge of the first team.
This season, FC Goa dipped to eighth in the table, losing its first three games -- to Mumbai City, Jamshedpur FC and NorthEast United FC. The side, under Ferrando, then staged a resurrection of sorts with wins over SCEB and BFC before earning a draw against HFC.
With ATK MB taking on NEUFC on Tuesday, Ferrando is expected to be in attendance in the Mariners' camp.
Latest on Sportstar
- WI vs UAE: King rules with maiden ton as West Indies wins by 7 wickets in series opener
- Formula 1: Mercedes fined 10,000 euros over physio breach
- Ibrahimović: It’s time to say goodbye to soccer
- Gabe Vincent helps Heat beat Nuggets, level NBA Finals at 1-1
- French Open 2023, June 5 schedule: Swiatek, Jabeur eye quarterfinal spots