Odisha FC's first-choice goalkeeper Kamaljit Singh tested positive for COVID-19 before the team's match against Kerala Blasters on Wednesday in a another setback to the Indian Super League's (ISL) bio-secure bubble here.
"Kamaljit has tested positive but the match is on as per schedule as the rest of the players have tested negative in the team. We have our reserve goalkeeper (Arshdeep Singh) ready," sources close to the development told PTI here.
He further said Kamaljit had developed symptoms and was immediately isolated.
OFC's last match against ATK Mohun Bagan on Saturday had to be postponed after a player in the Mariners camp tested positive in the first official case of COVID-19 in the tournament being held in Goa in a tight bio-bubble.
But since then there have been growing concerns about possible spread of COVID-19 inside the bubble with four top ATK Mohun Bagan players also testing positive.
Also on Sunday, FC Goa was forced to cancel its training session after a player was feared to have tested positive.
Thereafter, three FC Goa players and a member of the coaching staff were sent into isolation after their reports showed contrasting results.
- IND vs NED LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: Unbeaten India takes on Netherlands; Preview, toss updates, prediction XI
- IND vs NED head-to-head record in ODIs, World Cup 2023: India vs Netherlands overall stats; most runs and wickets
- Longest winning streaks in ODI World Cup: Australia at top, India nears nine-game run ahead of IND vs NED
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- NBA Round-up: Magic beats Giannis, Bucks secures first win over Milwaukee in Orlando since 2018