Kevin De Bruyne has been left out of Manchester City’s squad for the UEFA Super Cup game with Sevilla after the midfielder suffered another hamstring injury in the opening league game of the season.
The Belgium international left the field in the 36th minute of City’s 3-0 win at Burnley on Friday.
De Bruyne had previously limped off during the Champions League final win in June and manager Pep Guardiola had confirmed it was a recurrence of the same injury.
“It’s the hamstring again, same position. I don’t know (how long he will be out), it depends on the magnitude of the injury but it will be a few weeks,” Guardiola said after the game at Burnley.
Guardiola named a 22-man squad for the UEFA Super Cup game which takes place in Athens on Wednesday. The game is played between last season’s Champions League and Europa League winners.
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 2nd Test Day 3: India 233/8; Bharat, Kuldeep fall quickly after Tea; leads by 376 runs
- Ranji Trophy Live score Updates: Parth Bhut takes seven wickets, Saurashtra beats Maharashtra by 48 runs
- Para Shooting World Cup in jeopardy following suspension of Paralympic Committee of India
- PAK vs IND Davis Cup: India seals place in World Group I, takes unassailable 3-0 lead against Pakistan
- FIH Pro League: Looking forward to tough battles against India and Australia, says Dutch skipper Brinkman