La Liga’s bottom club Elche sacked coach Pablo Machin on Monday after a 2-0 defeat at Real Sociedad left the team 14 points from safety.
Former Sevilla and Espanyol boss Machin leaves just months after joining last November with Elche already in the relegation zone.
“Pablo Machin will not continue as coach of the first team,” the club said in a statement.
Elche only ended their wait for a first league victory of the season last month after failing to win any of their opening 19 games.
Machin’s side had taken four points from their two previous matches before Sunday’s loss to Sociedad.
He is the third coach to be sacked by Elche this term, following the dismissals of Francisco Rodriguez and Jorge Almiron.
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag duo up against Liang-Chang; When, where to watch Indian pair?
- Premier League: Pochettino angered by ‘soft’ Chelsea collapse at Newcastle
- Satwik-Chirag, China Masters Final: Preview, head-to-head record, live streaming info
- AC Milan’s Francesco Camarda becomes youngest player in Serie A history at age 15
- Union Berlin’s Marie-Louise Eta makes history as first female assistant coach in Bundesliga