Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed there is no termination clause for the end of this season in new head coach Quique Setien's deal.
Setien penned a two-and-a-half-year contract this week to replace Ernesto Valverde in the Camp Nou hot seat.
Speaking to Sport, Bartomeu confirmed there was a clause in the 61-year-old's contract that relates to Barca's next presidential elections in 2021, but no mechanism to release Setien if the remainder of this campaign does not go as planned.
"No, he has a contract for two-and-a-half years and can be released in 2021," he said.
"Quique Setien has signed for two-and-a-half seasons and I have already explained that there are elections in 2021 and [at that time] there will be a clause there according to which, if the new president wants to change the coach, he can change Quique Setien's contract.
"But he has signed for two-and-a-half seasons."
As he did at the new coach's welcome news conference on Tuesday, Bartomeu offered a ringing endorsement of Setien's playing style.
"Quique Setien is a coach who has a clear philosophy of the game and a clear concept of football," he said.
"He has demonstrated for years in the teams he has trained that he likes the good game, especially he likes the game that we [at Barcelona] like to watch, and that's why he has been chosen."
Someone who looks to have already been chosen by Setien himself is 20-year-old midfielder Riqui Puig, who was left out of the Barca B squad to face Badalona on Wednesday.
Puig made a pair of La Liga starts towards the end of last season and is in contention alongside fellow La Masia graduates Ansu Fati and Carles Perez for Sunday's top-flight match against Granada.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC