Real Madrid will not have midfielder Jude Bellingham available against Valencia in La Liga because of a shoulder problem, the club said Saturday ahead of the game.
Bellingham suffered a minor dislocation of his shoulder in last weekend’s 0-0 draw against Rayo Vallecano, and coach Carlo Ancelotti left him on the bench against Braga in the Champions League on Wednesday.
“He has been diagnosed with anterior instability of the left shoulder, a consequence of his recent dislocation,” said Madrid in a statement.
“Bellingham is out for today’s game against Valencia.”
The England international, 20, has taken Spain by storm since his arrival from Borussia Dortmund this summer and is top scorer in La Liga with 10 goals.
Madrid, in second, is looking to extend its lead on rival Barcelona third when it faces Valencia later Saturday at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Ancelotti selected Brahim Diaz in Bellingham’s spot against Braga, and the former Manchester City midfielder impressed, scoring in the 3-0 win.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians