Liverpool is on course to beat Manchester City's mark of 100 points in a Premier League campaign but the champion team is not focused on breaking records, manager Jurgen Klopp said.
Liverpool, who won 2-0 at Aston Villa on Sunday thanks to goals by Sadio Mane and Curtis Jones, needs 12 points from its final five games to beat City's tally from the 2017-18 season.
“We didn't come here and have the numbers we have because we thought about breaking records. We were always focused 100% on the game and that will not change,” said Klopp, whose side made it 17 wins out of 17 games at Anfield this season.
“If we want to have record points pretty much we have to win all the games, it's not complicated. The boys know it and it's not necessary to mention it to this group.”
Liverpool next visit 15th-placed Brighton & Hove Albion on Wednesday.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 2: IND 49/1, trails by 304 runs; Jaiswal, Gill at crease vs ENG
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores 150 vs Baroda; TN loses 3 vs Saurashtra
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer’s ton bails Mumbai out of trouble against Baroda on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Sai Kishore’s fifer keeps Tamil Nadu in command against Saurashtra on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Taide ton puts Vidarbha on top against Karnataka on Day 1