Liverpool midfielder Thiago Alcantara has tested positive for COVID-19. He is currently in self-isolation.
The defending champion's latest recruit is said to have exhibited minor symptoms but is "in good health," according to a statement issued by the club .
“We have followed all the protocols to the letter and Thiago is OK. He will be self-isolating now as per the guidelines and hopefully he’ll be back with us soon," Liverpool's first-team doctor Dr Jim Moxon said.
On Monday, 10 people tested positive in the Premier League's latest round of coronavirus testing. The identities of those who test positive is kept confidential but players can choose to reveal their diagnosis if they wish to do so.
Alcantara made his debut in the match against Chelsea, but was not included in the squad for the Arsenal match on Monday. Manager Jurgen Klopp earlier said that he would be fine to return after the international break.
Liverpool will welcome Arsenal again for a League Cup fourth round encounter before travelling to Aston Villa for a Premier League clash.
Latest on Sportstar
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- IND vs AUS LIVE Score, WTC Final Day 1: Rohit’s India Playing XI in focus at Oval; Toss, Weather updates, Dream11 prediction
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats
- Singapore Open 2023: Satwik-Chirag duo exits after first round loss
- India vs Netherlands, FIH Pro League 2022-23, June 7: Preview, head-to-head, live streaming info