Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has agreed a deal with the club to end his contract and settled on personal terms with Atletico Madrid, according to reports in Spain on Monday.
The Catalans' third top scorer of all time was told he was not wanted by new Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman and has been looking for a new club.
Suarez, 33, who has one year to run on his Barcelona contract, agreed a deal with the club to cut it short, reports said.
Mundo Deportivo said Suarez has fixed a contract with Atletico Madrid for two seasons, although the club will need to lighten its wage bill to accommodate the Uruguayan.
ALSO READ | Griezmann hands Barca third win in a row
Reports in Italy say Juventus is in talks with Atletico to re-sign Spain striker Alvaro Morata. Suarez had been heavily linked with Juventus but coach Andrea Pirlo said it was unlikely he would come to Italy because of the difficulty in obtaining an EU passport.
The striker finished as Barca's second-highest scorer last season behind captain Lionel Messi and scored 198 goals in 283 games for Barca, after joining in 2014 from Liverpool.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema becomes the Saudi league’s latest star after signing with Al-Ittihad
- West Indies clinches ODI cricket series in UAE with a game to spare
- Borrowed pole and newly minted friendship: How Sunil won Junior Asian decathlon gold
- Fiorentina vs West Ham, UEFA Conference League LIVE streaming info:
- French Open 2023, June 7 schedule: Swiatek, Jabeur and Rune in action in quarterfinals; H2H records, streaming info