England midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles has joined Lyon on a four-year deal after leaving Arsenal, the French club announced on Monday.
Maitland-Niles, 25, was a free agent after he departed from the English club after graduating from their academy.
The five-time international has had loan spells at sides such as Southampton, Roma and West Brom in recent years.
“I’m very happy to sign here,” Maitland-Niles said in a Lyon statement.
“If you told me when I was six years old that one day I would join Lyon, I would have never imagined it.
“I absolutely have to grab this opportunity,” he added.
Lyon starts its Ligue 1 campaign at Strasbourg on Sunday.
- Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka LIVE score, ICC World Cup 2023 updates: SL loses Kusal Perera early vs BAN
- ODI World Cup 2023: Selfless Williamson battles pain to keep New Zealand’s semifinal dream alive
- ICC World Cup 2023: Kohli is ‘absolute best’ batter in the world, says Ponting
- Navratilova says Steve Simon unlikely to continue as WTA chief after Finals debacle
- Mohali decks up to host Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2023 final sans cheering crowd