Manchester City has signed Dutch midfielder Jill Roord from VfL Wolfsburg on a three-year deal, the Women’s Super League side said on Thursday.
The 26-year-old, who has been capped 86 times and won the 2017 Women’s Euros, played for Arsenal from 2019-2021 and said she was excited to return to England.
“I have always thought that this was a fantastic club with lots of quality, and I’m super excited to start here,” Roord said in a statement.
“I really like the way that they play, and I feel that it suits me perfectly ... It’s a young side with plenty of potential, which is very important to me.”
Roord helped Wolfsburg reach the Champions League final, where it lost to Barcelona. She scored 31 goals in 69 appearances for Wolfsburg in all competitions.
Roord will join with City after the July 20 to August 20 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
- Indian Super League 2023-24 Quiz — Set 1
- Dinesh Karthik to lead Tamil Nadu in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24
- BCCI announce squads and fixtures for the upcoming U19 men’s quadrangular series
- Liverpool striker Luis Diaz’s father released by kidnappers after 12 days
- ATP Finals 2023 draw: Djokovic faces Sinner, Tsitsipas and Rune in group stage