Caroline Weir struck a superb late winner as Manchester City beat Manchester United 1-0 in the Women’s Super League to keep alive its slender title hopes on Sunday.
Weir, on as a substitute, looked up and chipped United’s England goalkeeper Mary Earps from 25 metres in the 81st minute to finally reward City’s domination of the derby. It also continued her remarkable record against United as she has now scored in all three home Super League games against it since City was promoted.
City had created the better chances with Lauren Hemp wasting one opportunity and Jess Park denied by the woodwork.
Victory put City fifth, eight points behind leader Arsenal and two behind third-placed United.
Tottenham can move above United if it wins at bottom side Birmingham City later on Sunday.
- Manchester City 1 (Weir 81’) Manchester United 0
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Lakshya up against Shi Yuqi; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023: HS Prannoy to miss men’s team final due to back injury - reports
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Men’s trap shooting team wins gold; IND 0-1 KOR in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Asian Games 2023: Kynan Darius Chenai clinches bronze in Men’s trap final
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally LIVE , October 1 - Men’s shooting trap team bags gold; Aditi Ashok wins silver, India 4th with 11 gold, 42 medals