The Netherlands will have to do without Memphis Depay and Steven Bergwijn for this month’s European Championship qualifiers against Greece and the Republic of Ireland.
Depay suffered an injury last week during Atlético Madrid’s 7-0 win against Rayo Vallecano, which rules him out of the Dutch squad again, having also missed the Nations League finals in June.
Bergwijn is also injured, having missed out on Thursday for Ajax Amsterdam against Ludogorets Razgrad in the Europa League.
Newcastle United defender Sven Botman, who injured his ankle against Liverpool on Sunday, was also left out when coach Ronald Koeman announced his squad on Friday.
Quilindschy Hartman (Feyenoord), Ian Maatsen (Chelsea) and Micky van de Ven (Tottenham Hotspur) are part of the squad time while Ajax attacker Steven Berghuis has also been selected after not being included in the pre-selection that Koeman named a fortnight ago.
The Netherlands take on Greece in Eindhoven on Thursday and then take on the Irish in Dublin three days later.
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia