Saudi Pro League club Al-Ittihad are continuing its pursuit of Liverpool superstar Mohammed Salah, British media reported on Thursday.
The club has set its sights on the 31-year-old winger who signed a new three year contract last year with the Merseyside club.
Liverpool are understood to be not very keen on selling the three-time Premier League Golden Boot winner.
This is the second attempt by the club to sign the Egyptian after an effort earlier in the transfer window did not materialise.
The Saudi Pro League transfer window closes on September 7 and last year champions will look to prize him out of Liverpool before the deadline.
Liverpool has already seen many high profile departures this summer, with Roberto Firmino, Jordan Henderson and Fabinho all moving to the Saudi League.
Al-Ittihad, which won the Saudi League last year, has already added Karim Benzema, Ngolo Kante, Fabinho and Filipe Jota to its ranks.
Reports also indicate that the possible arrival of Salah could mean that Jota could be on his way out of the club from Jeddah.
Salah has won one Premier League title, UEFA Champions League title, FA Cup, League Cup and Club World Cup each since signing for Liverpool in 2017.
- Sultan of Johor Cup 2023: All you need to know, schedule, squad, timings in IST, LIVE streaming info
- NBA 2023-24: Lillard scores 39 in Milwaukee Bucks debut to edge Philadelphia 76ers 118-117
- NBA looking into facts behind Harden’s absence from 76ers’ nationally televised opener in Milwaukee
- Man Utd’s Onana supports Garnacho over gorilla emoji post
- Struggling Sergio Perez of Red Bull says return to Mexico his most important race of the season