Chelsea has completed the signing of 18-year-old Brazilian forward Deivid Washington from Santos, the Premier League club confirmed on Thursday.
Financial details were not disclosed, but British media reported the deal was worth 20 million euros (21.69 million USD), which includes performance-related add-ons, which would take Chelsea’s spend in the close season to over 400 million euros.
Washington joined Santos in 2016 from Gremio and signed his first professional contract with the club as a 16-year-old in 2021.
The forward made his senior debut in April this year, after which, Santos renewed his contract until 2026. Washington has scored two goals in nine appearances in this season’s Serie A in Brazil.
He joins Angelo Gabriel in making the move from Santos to Chelsea, another 18-year-old who has since left on loan to Ligue 1 club Strasbourg.
- Indian sports news wrap, October 28
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid LIVE, La Liga: When, where to watch El Clasico; BAR v RMA updates; Predicted XI; Kick-off at 7:45 PM IST
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after AUS vs NZ: Australia cements fourth place with win over New Zealand; South Africa at top
- AUS vs NZ: Australia vs New Zealand records highest aggregate in World Cup match with 771 runs in Dharamsala
- Netherlands vs Bangladesh Live Score, ICC World Cup 2023: BAN 11/0 (3); Litton and Tanzid open in 230-run chase vs NED