French league club Monaco signed attacking midfielder Takumi Minamino on a four-year deal from Liverpool on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old Japan international scored 14 goals in 55 games overall for Liverpool after joining from Red Bull Salzburg.
Although he won three trophies at Liverpool — including the Premier League title in 2020 and both domestic cups last season — Minamino struggled to break into Jürgen Klopp's star-studded side. Monaco gave no financial details but reports estimated the transfer fee at EUR 15 million (USD 15.8 million).
Minamino is the second attacking player to leave the Champions League runner-up after Senegal forward Sadio Mane joined Bayern Munich last week.
Coach Philippe Clement's attack-minded Monaco finished third last season to reach the qualifying rounds of the Champions League.
- Asian Games Shooting LIVE score, Hangzhou 2023 updates: Men’s 50m rifle 3P, women’s 10m air pistol qualifications underway; Full schedule, streaming info
- Asian Games 2023, September 29, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: India vs Thailand in badminton women’s quarters; shooting results; Priyanka, Vikash finish 5th in 20km race walk
- In which athletics events is National Record of India better than Asian Games Record?
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 29: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, IST timings
- Asian Games 2023: India medals tally on September 28 and winners list