Napoli climbed above Juventus into fourth place in Serie A with a 2-0 win at relegation-threatened Torino on Monday thanks to early goals from Tiemoue Bakayoko and Victor Osimhen.
Gennaro Gattuso’s side went level with the champion on 66 points, but leapfrogged Juventus in the standings due to superior goal difference, as the two sides’ head-to-head record is even.
Third-placed AC Milan also has 66 points but faces Lazio later on Monday, while Atalanta in second is two points further ahead in a close race for Champions League qualification.
Bakayoko fired home a swerving shot from the edge of the box after 11 minutes, and Napoli had its second two minutes later when Osimhen’s effort was deflected into the bottom corner.
The visitor came close to making the win more comfortable as Piotr Zielinski and Lorenzo Insigne efforts rattled the post either side of the break, before Torino midfielder Rolando Mandragora picked up a second yellow card late on.
Torino remains 16th with 31 points, level with Cagliari and Benevento below them, but Davide Nicola’s side has a game in hand.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 at 3:50 PM
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 157/1; Jadeja, Sundar help India control scoring rate
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates